Harris County Jail
Finding inmates at the Harris County Jail
Harris County Jail inmates may be held at one of three detention facilities. See the contact information below:
- The 701 Jail
701 North San Jacinto Street
- 1200 Baker Jail
1200 Baker Street
- 1307 Baker Jail
1307 Baker Street
Houston, Tx (713) 755-2400
Are looking for a specific Harris County inmate? You can find them on the Harris County Inmate Search Page.
When you get to the person you are looking for click on the name and you will see:
- The jail they are housed in (click the link to the right of the word 'jail' and you will see a map to show the jail's location)
- SPN number
- Booking date
- Bond amount
- Court date
If you would rather call, the number is 713-755-5300
Harris County Sheriff Department
The Department web page has over 600 pages. I have searched the site and
offer these pages that family and friends will most likely be looking
- Inmate Phone Calls:
How to set up advance pay accounts and how to receive collect calls
from inmates. Inmates are not able to receive calls at the jail
- Visitation Rules:Visitation rules and regulations are listed.
- Inmate Mail Policy: Gives you the mailing addresses and what is allowable to be sent through the mail to inmates. (be sure to scroll up)
- Inmate Trust Fund: All you need to know to transfer money into an account to be used by an inmate.
Harris County District Clerk
Many Harris County public records are available online.Click to go the Harris County Court Records Page to search for civil and family court records. Criminal court records are not available online.
Do you have questions about the bonding process?
Here is some bond information from the Harris County District Clerk's web page.
Here is some more detailed bond information from the Harris County Sheriff's Department.
Return from County Jail to Texas Inmate Search
Return from Harris County Jail to The Free Inmate Locator
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.